Monday, September 3, 2012

We Have Jonathon!!!

Hello family and friends from Lisa and Kevin.  This is Sharon from Texas posting for them.  We traveled with Lisa and Kevin in 2008 when we both met out sons together in Lanzhou.   They wanted you all to know that they cannot access Facebook or their blog in China so I will be posting for them as I receive updates.  This is what Lisa emailed me today:

"Andrew loves being a big brother but is feeling a little left out and is jealous.  We had some tears at bedtime last night.  We were all exhausted last night so I did not get any other pictures..."


I know first hand how exhausting traveling, the time change, meeting your little one and having other children to attend to can be.  Please pray for Kevin, Lisa, Andrew and Jonathan.  It is not uncommon for your child to come to you sick (as the Friesens know VERY well with Andrew in 08).  They have not mentioned that but pray that they all are well and will stay well.  It is also a huge transition for everyone with the language barrier and so many new sights, sounds and surroundings for Jonathon.   Pray also for Andrew.  As you know he recently had surgery so I am sure he is still recuperating.    
He is certian to have some anxiety over the arrival of his new brother and although I am sure he is excited it can still be overwhelming,  It is not uncommon for kids his age to begin having questions about their own adoption so pray for Kevin and Lisa and they many encounter some new questions or uncertiantities they may not have seen in the past.  

As we are headed to bed tonight they are beginning their Tuesday.  I expect they will finalize Jonathans adoption on the Chinese end today so pray for all the paperwork and details that will happen today.  

I will update again as soon as I hear from Lisa.  I know she and Kevin appreciate all of you and your following them on this very exciting journey.  I will make sure they see any comments you leave on her blog. 

Sharon for Lisa and Kevin  

No comments:

Post a Comment